Came across this quite useful article which may come in useful if you've reached that stage.
Many guys fall into the trap of thinking they have found a girlfriend. In truth, they have actually found a paid escort or prostitute. Payment may be in the form of dinner and shopping, but it’s still just money. I don’t find any problem with that, as long as both parties understand the game.
In an effort to pass along some combined wisdom, the writer put together a top ten list. These are some of the signs that your “girlfriend” is just working you and not really all that into you.
1. You have to turn off the TV to get her attention in bed
2. She answers her phone at any time (and I mean any time)
3. She refers to you as “customer” when talking with her friends
4. She’s suddenly “busy” whenever you’re short on cash.
5. She’s rifling through your pockets in the middle of the night
6. You paid a bar fine. Stop and think about it for a second.
7. She has a sick family member who needs some ridiculous amount of money.
8. She says “I love you” on the first or second “date”
9. Take a look in the mirror. Are you really the “handsome man” she claims you are?
10. She asks to use your computer to email her “guy friends” in the UK and USA
If you can identify with at least one item on that list, it’s time to evaluate your status.
These things have a way of creeping up on you. Sometimes you don't realise how involved you are until you stop and think for a minute. I'm just thankful none of the above applied to me. Cheers all.